Children & Young People
Book a Consultation
There are so many pressures on our young people today that cause more stress than young people of previous generations had to contend with. Parents and Schools have a real challenge today preparing children and young people for tomorrow’s VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) world. This generation will be applying for jobs that do not yet exist, using technologies that have not yet been invented to solve problems that have not yet been created. We must teach them how to be resilient, creative and innovative while instilling core values such as respect, altruism and tolerance. Not an easy feat but necessary for a positive, sustainable future.
Resilience and effective coping strategies are fundamental to combat all feelings of distress. Whether it is learning how to control emotions and behaviour or coping with change, counselling can help individuals to find and apply the tools needed to navigate healthily through their informative years.
Collaborative Counselling offers a confidential, non-judgemental and empathic space for children and young people to speak freely expressing their thoughts and fears while learning strategies to build resilience and coping mechanisms to become the best version of themselves they can be.
The following signs may indicate the need for professional help:
- Screen addiction
- A decline in school performance (academic and/or behaviour)
- Poor grades despite strong efforts
- Constant worry or anxiety
- Repeated refusal to go to school or to take part in normal activities
- Hyperactivity or fidgeting
- Persistent nightmares
- Persistent disobedience or aggression
- Frequent temper tantrums
- Depression, sadness or irritabilit
Collaborative Counselling provides solution-based counselling/coaching that can guide your child on their journey to not only become the best version of themself but to equip them with the tools to thrive and be successful in all they do by:
- Fully experiencing the ‘now’ while recognising potential negative distractions (e.g; gaming addition, social media)
- Raising self-confidence and self-esteem
- Building resilience
- Instilling key values such as altruism, respect and selflessness
- Coping strategies for stress, anxiety and frustration
- Transforming fear into motivation
- Improving communication skills leading to happier, healthier relationships
Using a range of techniques, we can design tailor made plans that generate positive results in a short space of time. We offer individual, family and group therapy in schools homes and our own clinic. You can empower your child to overcome any obstacle to be the best version of themselves while equipping them for tomorrow’s world.